LINCS Family Support
At times parenting can be hard work, especially if family and friends aren’t around.
That’s where LINCS can lend a helping hand!
LINCS is a free volunteer home-visiting support service for parents, carers, and families that live in the Hawkesbury and surrounding areas and have at least one family member under 12 years of age.
LINCS Family Support volunteers can assist you when:
- You are a sole parent – either a mum or a dad
- You don’t have family or friends to support you
- You’re a first-time parent
- You’re a young parent
- You have had twins or more!
- You might be struggling with mental health or post-natal depression
- You have a child with a disability
- You are a parent and you have the disability
- You live in a geographically or socially isolating setting
Our volunteer family workers can assist you with:
- Support and friendship
- ‘Time-out’ for a coffee by yourself
- Playtime with children
- Help with the baby/babies
- Visits to the park
- Assistance at doctor appointments
- Accessing community services and activities
LINCS family support fills the gap when family and friends are not available.
LINCS can also provide childminding for eligible community groups and organisations
How you can get LINCS support
Call Peppercorn Children & Families 4577 9804
You can be a LINCS volunteer
Volunteering can be very rewarding. You can play a part in supporting another parent. You will meet new people and develop new skills.
LINCS is always looking for new volunteer family support workers. We provide free training and organise social events where you can meet other LINCS volunteers.
All volunteers must complete a Working with Children Check and Police Check.
What our volunteers say
“I relished the opportunity to provide support to mothers and foster their self-esteem and enjoyment of their role as mothers”
“Thank you for the opportunity to do what I love doing, being with children and their mums and giving them support when needed”
Learn more about LINCS today
Call our Children & Families team today on 4577 9804 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us an email
For more information